late OAM consistency question

Hi,
There is late offer-answer model (offer in 200, answer in ACK)
according to RFC3261 par.13 and RFC3264. In it, if the transaction
requester don't accept the offer, the only correct action is to
confirm transaction (sending ACK) but then immediately stop the
call with BYE. Am I right in this? If yes, I have the question _why_
this approach was selected among another possible ones:

1. Send ACK without SDP leaving UAs in state "established dialog, but
no session" with need to negotiate session;
2. Send negative opposition of ACK (name it here "NAK"); this also
would be useful in some other cases not related to session itself
(want to cancel request when final response is unacceptable);
3. Send ACK but with special rejecting description (this is kind
of merge of 1 and 2);
4. Disable responding with ACK totally, causing here UAS timeout
trigger and stopping the call on opposite side;
5. Require 100rel to work with late OAM, send offer SDPs only in
1xx and respond with answer in PRACK;
6. something else?

The problem I need to solve is to embed late OAM implementation
properly into existing stack with own complex processing which
doesn't restore after misconfirmed offers...

--
Valentin Nechayev
PortaOne Inc., Software Engineer