IETF-74 Deadlines/agenda, new document template (RFC 5378) and RAI restructuring.

Title: IETF-74 Deadlines/agenda, new document template (RFC 5378) and RAI restructuring.

Hi folks,

I have 4 items of note below:

1) Deadlines for IETF-74 are very near:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/74/cutoff-dates.html

-00 docs must be submitted by March 2, 2009 Monday (< 3 weeks) - Internet Draft Cut-off for initial document (-00) submission by 17:00 PST (01:00 Tuesday, March 3 UTC/GMT), (and please) upload using IETF ID Submission Tool

-01+ docs must be submitted by March 9, 2009 Monday (< 4 weeks) - Internet Draft final submission cut-off by 17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC/GMT)

2)  New Template requirements.
New template text is required for any submissions per the recently published RFC 5378 (Contributor's rights).   There has been LOTS (more than a few threads, days and pages) of discussion on the IETF list about these new requirements:

I won't try to summarize all the issues highlighted (nor the proposed resolution) as I've honestly had to talk to corporate lawyers to understand what it means to me in terms of submitting documents. One thing I do understand is that an editor MUST ensure that the statement is appropriate for ALL authors/contributors.  This means that you may have difficulty getting your documents submitted in time IF you don't try to get the approval from your co-authors sooner rather than later - i.e., there is no reason why you can't shoot that email off today.   And, you may need to talk to your lawyers before you submit a document as well - in my experience this can take some time.

3) Agenda Requests.
As usual, please send any agenda requests to chairs and Oscar (cc'ed above) - all 3 please, otw we end up forwarding to one another and we each get 3 copies.

The deadline for the preliminary agenda is March 11, 2009, with the final/updated agenda due on March 16, 2009.  Please note that as usual, agenda time is first given to WG items, then to items based upon the level of discussion. Thus, waiting until March 2nd or 9th to submit a contribution and elicit feedback is not particularly effective.

Here's the usual template that makes things easier in creating the agenda - it also ensures that we don't make clerical errors in the process:

Gonzalo Camarillo</a></td>
<a
href="" href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-explod">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-camarillo-sipping-explod
ers-02.txt">
draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-02.txt</a></td>

4) RAI restructuring.
If you're not on the RAI area mailing list, you might want to at least review the archives as there is ongoing discussion wrt RAI area restructuring:

If you don't want to bother with that, you should at least look at the proposed changes to the "SIP change" process:
http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/fluffy/draft-peterson-rai-rfc3427bis-01a.txt

Note that Jon has not yet submitted due to 2) above.  This is your chance as contributors and participants to provide input to make our work more effective and meet the requirements of the constituency. Please direct any feedback to the RAI area list ONLY.

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair