Re: Correlate sip sessions/dialogs

Hi Sal,

Here my opinion on your proposals.

	> My proposal here is to keep, in the merged document, distinct
	> this two
	> requirements as they seems to be semantically different.
	> I propose to have a set of requirements for "media session
	> correlation"
	> and a set of requirements for "dialog correlation".
	> Please comment!

I  agree with your proposal. I suppose using the same identifier for
both "media session
 correlation"  and "dialog correlation" could lead to failures.

	> One second issue, that it is IMO common, is to discuss and
decide
	> whether we can create the initial dialog without knowing
	> in advance whether another dialog will want to correlate with
	> it (as I
	> think we should)//
	>
	>     Req A: It must be possible, when establishing a dialog,
	> to specify that
	>     it be correlated with one or more already existing
dialogs, which
	>     dialogs, at the time they were created, did not need to
	> specify that
	>     they might be correlated with in the future.

I agreee. We have to consider older end devices which will not support
the new extension.
It must be possible to correlate dialogs with dialogs already
established by these older devices.
It is a necessary requirement at least for "dialog correlation", but I
think it make sense as a common requirement.
It would add flexibility to the mechanism.

	> Please comment, if you think this requirement can be
considered in
	> common or not.
	>
	> then draft [3] there is a requirement related to
	> out-of-dialog request,
	> that I don't know (I don't have a strong
	> opinion on it) if we can be consider in common or not:
	>
	>    REQ[3].2: It must be possible for a SIP device to use the
	> identifier in
	>    out-of-dialog requests, to match existing dialogs at
	> B2BUA's and/or
	>    UAS's, if the Call-ID and tags the device believes are
correct do
	>    not in fact match, with as high a probability as possible.

I don't have an opinion about this.

regards
laura