Re: Correlate sip sessions/dialogs

Hi,

My proposal here is to keep, in the merged document, distinct this two requirements as they seems to be semantically different. I propose to have a set of requirements for "media session correlation" and a set of requirements for "dialog correlation".

yes, they are two different things. Let's keep them separate for the time being. We should not assume at this point that we will have a single mechanism to meet both.

One second issue, that it is IMO common, is to discuss and decide whether we can create the initial dialog without knowing in advance whether another dialog will want to correlate with it (as I think we should)//

we should not assume that users can predict the future when they start a dialog. Therefore, it should be possible to correlate a dialog with a previous one that did not specify anything special to that extent.

Please comment, if you think this requirement can be considered in common or not.

yes, they seem to be common requirements.

then draft [3] there is a requirement related to out-of-dialog request, that I don't know (I don't have a strong
opinion on it) if we can be consider in common or not:

REQ[3].2: It must be possible for a SIP device to use the identifier in out-of-dialog requests, to match existing dialogs at B2BUA's and/or UAS's, if the Call-ID and tags the device believes are correct do not in fact match, with as high a probability as possible.

if the scope is dialog correlation, out-of-dialog requests should be out of scope. If we want to include them, we need to revise the scope of the requirements.

Finally, as we are still in an early stage of the sipping process I don't think we should talk in the draft
about any mechanism/solution, but just of Use-Cases and Requirements.

yes, we should stick to use cases and requirements at this stage. Some of the requirements above use solution type of language. They should be rephrased so that they are more general.

Cheers,

Gonzalo