RFC 5378 (IPR Rights Policy) and RFC 3265

I'm not an IPR lawyer, so I don't pretend to understand the various issues surrounding the RFC 5378 brouhaha. However, it has been brought to my attention that my position as author of RFC 3265 may necessitate some action on my part, since it contains text intended to be incorporated into other documents (section 4.4 and its subsections).

To remove ambiguity, I am using this email to make a public statement regarding any rights I may have in RFC 3265 as they relate to the IETF's intellectual property policies:

   As the author of RFC 3265, I hereby grant all Necessary Rights in
   that document that I may legally grant to the IETF Trust. For the
   purpose of this statement, the term "Necessary Rights" is defined as
   the rights enumerated in section 5.3 of RFC 5378.

In the interest of full disclosure: I developed RFC 3265 as an employee of Ericsson Inc. and, later, dynamicsoft, Inc. Subsequently, Cisco Systems, Inc. acquired all or substantially all of dynamicsoft's assets. I cannot speak on behalf of either organization regarding their position on what rights, if any, they believe they retain in RFC 3265.

/Adam Roach