Re: SIP Configuration Framework uses underscore in SIP URI

In addition to what has been indicated, the design team discussed this
in mid-2007. Now, the UA either sends the SIP SUBSCRIBE request via
configured outbound proxies (if available) or via 3263. In the case of
the latter, the FQDN in the SIP URI (sip:_sipuaconfig.<domain name>) is
used to determine the next-hop proxy. We debated whether to use
'sipuaconfig' or '_sipuaconfig'. There was a concern that there would be
considerable pushback if we ask that no-one use the name sipuaconfig for
a host name in any domain  - or if they do use it, they can expect to
get random requests hitting their box. Hence the suggestion was to use
_sipuaconfig. We contacted the DNS experts and did not get any
objections. However, we failed to see that this would break the URI (as
Geir indicated, correctly).

I will let the design team pitch in with any additional details.

- S