Re: draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-05

I was just trying to help this not get bogged down.

On Nov 20, 2008, at 17:17 , Alan Johnston wrote:

Cullen Jennings wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2008, at 10:22 , Alan Johnston wrote:
> <snip>
>>

>> If you have issues with the requirements in the draft, let us know so we
>> can clarify them.
>>
> I can easily imagine cases where customer sensitize information was
> transfered over this and it was going to an remote agent phone that
> went through another trust domain to route the call to the agent. In
> these cases, I think an important requirement would be to protect the
> draft from authorized access by intermediaries.

Cullen,

Here's the text from the Security Considerations section of the draft -
let me know if it is not sufficient:

   In some cases, it [UUI] may carry private information
   that may need confidential transport and integrity protection.
   Standard SIP security mechanisms can be used to secure this header
   field.  For example, TLS transport can provide single hop
   confidentiality and integrity protection.  For multiple hop or end-
   to-end confidentiality and integrity protection, S/MIME can be
   utilized.

Uh, I can understand how S/MIME protects a body but seems like a bit more might be needed to explain how it protects a header.

Thanks,
Alan