Re: draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-05

Cullen,

Keith is correct - this is not about mapping ISDN parameters into SIP, it is about mapping a very successful and popular ISDN *service* into SIP. Until we solve this with an appropriate mechanism, SIP will not make headway into areas such as contact centers.

And, there is a limit on the size of data - please read the draft.

And the draft says nothing about proxy inspection and routing. I mentioned it in my email because we know that clever implementors will do clever things.

The draft is not making the arguments you specify.

So, if I remove the text in your comments about this being an ISDN parameter mapping issue, the size being unlimited, and problematic proxy behavior, I don't think there are any remaining issues.

If you have issues with the requirements in the draft, let us know so we can clarify them.

Thanks,
Alan

Cullen Jennings wrote:

Good point - I should have been more specific.