Re: AWS RHEL Image / SplunkWeb / SELinux

On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 9:41 PM Alan Ma <alanma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello SELinux experts,
>
> I have one odd RHEL 8 AWS host that refuses to allow me to run on port 8000 for Splunk to run it's Web application when SElinux is enforcing or permissive. I have another host with the same AMI and VLAN that works flawlessly.
>
> I have reviewed all Splunk, and Firewalld configurations.
>
> The host is not throwing any deny or errors in var/log/audit or /messages.
>
> The only time SplunkWeb loads is when SELinux is disabled.
>
> The browser will throw an error when SELinux is enabled.
>
> I suspect this maybe a bug as Splunk and SELinux had a known compatibility issue almost 20 years ago.
>
> However, those old fixes no longer work.
>
> I appreciate and look forward to everyone's response. Thank you in advance.

Can you provide the following information from the host in question:
1. semanage port -l | grep 8000
2. sestatus -v
3. Check for any log or audit messages at all (not just avc messages)
around the time of the failure in journalctl -b output (assuming you
trigger the error again after the most recent boot).