AWS RHEL Image / SplunkWeb / SELinux

Hello SELinux experts,

I have one odd RHEL 8 AWS host that refuses to allow me to run on port
8000 for Splunk to run it's Web application when SElinux is enforcing
or permissive. I have another host with the same AMI and VLAN that
works flawlessly.

I have reviewed all Splunk, and Firewalld configurations.

The host is not throwing any deny or errors in var/log/audit or /messages.

The only time SplunkWeb loads is when SELinux is disabled.

The browser will throw an error when SELinux is enabled.

I suspect this maybe a bug as Splunk and SELinux had a known
compatibility issue almost 20 years ago.

However, those old fixes no longer work.

I appreciate and look forward to everyone's response. Thank you in advance.

--
Very Respectfully,

Alan Ma
(703) 609-5617
George Washington University
Executive Masters Information Systems Technology
CIO University Certificate