/dev/random MLS policy

I've started writing some SELinux policy for a java app running on a
system configured with MLS policy. I am seeing 'append' AVCs when a
JVM running at any level above SystemLow accesses /dev/random which is
labeled SystemLow. The AVC appears to cause the JVM to exit. Have
others experienced this and if so how did you deal with it? I
considered making /dev/random SystemLow-SystemHigh and adding
mls_file_write_within_range(random_device_t) to policy but am
concerned about the possibility of using the device as a covert
channel. Thought?

Ted