Re: Inputs w.r.t understanding of selinux notification and systemcall

On Fri, 2021-01-01 at 12:45 +0530, Ashish Mishra wrote:
> Hi Group Members ,
>
> Good Morning & Happy new Year !
>
> Can group member please provide any input / feedback for below
> functionality support in SELINUX :
>
> a) Is there any mechanism to generate an event / notification for
> selinux denials
>      I came across Logstash, Logentries and Splunk , which i am
> currently looking at.
>      Is there any selinux equivalent plugin or any other way for
> selinux specific.

Have you looked at using the audit log services (auparse, ausearch
etc.):

This has the code and a number of examples for detecting AVC entries:
https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-userspace

Some sample programs here;
https://security-plus-data-science.blogspot.com/2017/04/writing-basic-auparse-program.html

This is an example where I wanted to detect specific events in the
testsuite (you should be able to pick the relevant bits):
https://lore.kernel.org/selinux/20201104164913.11536-2-richard_c_haines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/