Re: libsepol: drop dso question on CFLAGS (package maintainers weigh in please)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 9:52 AM William Roberts <bill.c.roberts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The libsepol/src/Makefile has the below lines for CFLAGS:
>
> CFLAGS ?= -Werror -Wall -W -Wundef -Wshadow -Wmissing-format-attribute -O2
>
> override CFLAGS += -I. -I../include -D_GNU_SOURCE
>
> Does anyone have a preference where I add the -fno-semantic-interposition?
>
> I was thinking the conditional assignment because of the comment made
> about packagers overriding things on the selinux drop dso patch
> series.

I am not a package maintainer but regardless of how this gets added
(and I think in the libselinux case
it ends up being part of the conditional assignment), we need to make
sure that maintainers are strongly
encouraged to add it to their builds to preserve existing behavior.