Re: RHEL auth_role using logging_send_audit_msgs

On 2/26/19 5:20 PM, Ted Toth wrote:
The RHEL version of the auth_role macro which we are getting through
our use of userdom_unpriv_user_template uses logging_send_audit_msgs
which give a type the audit_write capability and allow rules for a
number of netlink_audit_socket operations. It seem counterintuitive to
give an unprivileged user type audit write related policy.The
ref-policy version of auth_role does not use logging_send_audit_msgs.
We're considering patching our policy but I wanted to see what others
though about giving unprivileged user types this policy?

I agree that it doesn't seem like a good idea. Should probably file a bugzilla for redhat.