Re: SELinux Namespace on bind mounted files

On 03/08/2018 05:55 AM, Zvonko Kosic wrote:
> I've seen the presentation by James Morrison about  namespacing SELinux and I have a question regarding a special case we have in our environment.
>
> We have third party prestart runtime hooks for docker which bind mount
> files from the host into the container image, which have the wrong label.
>
> To change the SELinux labels on the host is not an option because
> it breaks stuff on the host.
>
> Wil the SELinux namespacing work on files that are bind mounted?

I believe the answer is yes, since my patches support per-namespace in-core inode SIDs and James' additional patches support per-namespace on-disk xattrs (so the bind-mounted files can have two distinct labels, one of which will be presented to processes in the root/init namespace and the other to processes within the child namespace).  That said, this is all very much work in progress.