Re: github issue trackers

On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 12:02 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On 11/18/2016 11:49 AM, Richard Haines wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 10:30 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've populated the github issue trackers for the selinux
> > > (userspace)
> > > and
> > > selinux-kernel github projects, see:
> > > https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/issues
> > > and
> > > https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-kernel/issues
> > >
> > > The old ToDo wiki pages are being migrated over, although I would
> > > like
> > > to drop items that are either a) already in progress, b)
> > > vague/ill-defined, or c) unlikely to be done.  Going forward,
> > > we'll
> > > just
> > > use the issue trackers for all new items.
> > >
> > > Feel free to identify additional issues that I may have missed,
> > > but
> > > please try to keep them well-defined and feasible.
> >
> > Just thought I would update you regarding the status of the RFC
> > SCTP
> > kernel patches I sent a few years ago that are referenced at:
> > https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux-kernel/issues/5
> >
> > I have been keeping these updated and fixing problems as I find
> > them,
> > however I have not resubmitted. If there is interest I'm happy to
> > submit again and see how far I can get. If anyone is interested
> > I keep a set of patches at:
> > http://arctic.selinuxproject.org/~rhaines/selinux-sctp
> >
> > For the gory details read:
> > http://arctic.selinuxproject.org/~rhaines/selinux-sctp/readme.txt
>
> Thanks, I'd certainly like to see them upstreamed.  Were there
> specific
> objections or just a lack of response?

It was really lack of response so I thought I would wait until
someone had a real requirement. Paul gave me some feedback on the
patches and I incorporated all except the "special accept()/child
socket labeling trick" (see comments at
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=141801137004870&w=2), mainly because
I was not sure if required or not.
Also needed feedback from sctp maintainers particularly regarding
the placing of security hooks in sm_statefuns.c (see the drawing in
SELinux-sctp.txt)

What I can do is rebuild and test on latest Fedora 25 then submit
again as a new RFC patch and see how it goes.