Using "override CFLAGS += -I$(PREFIX)/include" in mcstrans?

Hello,

A few weeks ago I configured Travis-CI to build the SELinux userspace projects with several configurations (gcc and clang compilers, several Python and Ruby versions...). Since the merge of splitpolicycoreutils the builds I have done failed because of at least two things (cf. [1] for the raw result):

- sandbox test contains "if selinux.security_getenforce() == 1:" to skip the test on systems where SELinux is in enforcing mode. This fails with a FileNotFoundError on a system without SELinux (like Travis-CI build environments). To fix this I wrote a patch [1] that I'll send once I get the tests running fine again.

- When building mcstrans with a "make install" in the root directory, the compiler complains with "fatal error: selinux/selinux.h: No such file or directory". Other subdirectories have "override CFLAGS += -I$(PREFIX)/include" to include files installed in $DESTDIR. This makes "make DESTDIR=/tmp/xxxx install" work on systems without SELinux. Moreover mcstrans/src/Makefile uses "override CFLAGS += -I../include" but mcstrans/include/ does not exist. I feel like this line should be modified to "...-I$(PREFIX)..." but it makes me quite uneasy so before writing a patch, I would like to be sure I am not missing something I have not seen in my quick reading of the files. This is why I am writing this email: could you please take a look at mcstrans Makefiles?

Thanks,
Nicolas

[1] https://travis-ci.org/fishilico/selinux/jobs/176506142
[2] https://github.com/fishilico/selinux/commit/1c3cae4a984a6dc9a5ba5190a69bf4e7a2362623