Re: Is it possible to prevent a binary executable file from being read via SELinux?

Thank you for your reply.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you can't get rid of root services entirely, then SELinux can extend
> this protection to even root processes.  You'd probably want a custom
> policy from scratch for that kind of scenario; see the Android policy
> for an example.
A custom policy is most likely what I want... my question is... can I
set up such a policy that disallows reading (and, by extension,
copying) of an executable binary, and yet still be able to execute it?
 A related question would be: can I bake that policy immutably into
the kernel so that it cannot be disabled?  While I can't prevent
physical access to the device, I can encrypt the kernel & rootfs
(embedded as a cramfs) as a single binary blob, so I think (hope) that
is as secure as my encryption key.  I would also do all of the normal
hardening stuff of disabling loadable modules, shutting down network
services, etc...

--wpd