Re: Planet SE Linux

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 01:02:14 AM Jason Zaman wrote:
> I've been meaning to start a blog but never quite gotten around to it.
> so +1 if you want to run it! Planet makes more sense to me too than just a
> list.

It's easy to run a blog.  I recommend going for a self-hosted Wordpress
installation right from the start.  If you start using LiveJournal or
something then you will have some hassle when it comes time to move to your
own domain.

The general idea of Planet SE Linux was that it had almost excluseively posts
related to computer security.  I have a "security" category on my blog that I
started just for Planet SE Linux.  It covers lots of things that aren't
related to SE Linux, but I expect that most people who are interested in SE
Linux don't mind reading about DNSSEC etc.  But I know that some people here
don't want to read some of my other blog posts.  ;)  If you aren't planning to
just blog about SE Linux you might want to do something similar.  Contact me
off-list if you want advice on setting up a blog with separate feeds.