Re: CIL: invalid protocol (dccp portcon)

> On Monday, 28 March 2016, 14:26, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 03/28/2016 08:53 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
>>
>>  I was adding support for syslog ports, and /etc/services indicated to
>>  me that syslog(_tls) has support for dccp protocol. So tried to add
>>  that support in.
>>
>>  However when trying to specify a portcon, secilc tells me dccp is an
>>  invalid protocol.
>>
>>  e.g.
>>
>>  (portcon "dccp" 6514 port_obj_context)
>
> Doesn't appear to be supported by the selinux userspace presently (even
> apart from CIL).  Not sure why.  Looking back, I see the original
> "SELinux support for DCCP" RFC thread, which included a (now dead)
> link
> to patches for userspace support, but I don't see any indication that

> they were ever submitted.

The only valid portcon protocol types supported by the kernel and policy
statements are "tcp" and "udp". I did some time ago send RFC patches
(kernel & CIL) to add "dccp" and "sctp" but these died. Adding support
for a dccp portcon statement would not be difficult as there is SELinux
support already for the protocol (policycoreutils is a pain though as
lots of language files !!!).