Re: Strange AVC with latest rawhide kernel.

On 02/26/2016 11:33 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

BTW I turned on the expand-check=1 in semanage.conf and semodule -B
went nuts and crashed.

On this policy.

policy_module(mypol, 1.0)

require {
	type svirt_lxc_net_t;
	type docker_t;
	type svirt_sandbox_file_t;
	type unconfined_t;
}
allow unconfined_t svirt_sandbox_file_t:file entrypoint;
allow docker_t svirt_sandbox_file_t:file entrypoint;
typebounds unconfined_t docker_t;
typebounds docker_t svirt_lxc_net_t;

I thought that maybe the toolchain couldn't handle an A bounds B bounds C relationship, but current versions handle that just fine and even versions back in June before I refactored the bounds checking could handle it. I only checked with checkpolicy and secilc, so there is a chance that something particular with modules caused this.

I tried your module on Fedora 23 and the first bounds check fails. Nothing crazy happened though. I don't currently have a rawhide machine to try it on.

--
James Carter <jwcart2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency