Re: User range vs. context's range

On 01/21/2016 08:14 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
On 1/20/2016 4:22 PM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
On 01/20/2016 03:59 PM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
What is the intended behavior for a user's allowed range in the policy
vs. any labels in the policy (e.g. netifcon)?  My expectation is that
the allowed range should still apply, but it doesn't seem that
checkpolicy checks that, based on what I've seen.  For example, the new
sediff test policies have this user[1]:

user added_user roles system level s1 range s1;

and checkpolicy doesn't error on this[2] later in the policy:

genfscon added_genfs / added_user:object_r:system:s0

I think this should fail compilation since s0 is not in added_user's
allowed range.

Not for objects (object_r), same as with role-type relation.

I don't understand the logic for that.  For the role-type relation, all
types are implicitly added to object_r, which makes that behavior make
sense, but the user has an explicitly-stated allowed range.

If that's true, it is only true of setools, not of libsepol or the kernel binary policy. policydb_context_isvalid() omits the role-type and user-role relation checks if the role is object_r, and mls_context_isvalid() does likewise for the user-range relation check.