Re: Performance issues - huge amount of AVC misses

Hi,

there are neither categories nor MLS used on the system. I'll get the amount of different types used by the system (I need to do some digging, will get the data tomorrow). Most of classes will be regular file, directories and some symbolic links. There will be a lots of files as AFAIK vertica uses lots of smaller files.

I'll try to reduce amount of dontaudit rules and I'll see how much this reduces cache misses. The hard truth is, that vertica is looking at many places during the run, most of which it does not need. Maybe the way we have rules defined is creating a lot of stress on the amount of rules in the policy, I'll try to get the data on that.