Re: Python3 Support for Sepolgen module

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:56:54AM +0400, Jason Zaman wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 03:28:28AM -0400, Robert Kuska wrote:
> > Looking at policycoreutils-python3 it seems to me that sepolicy and seobject are already ported.
>
> Hmm I suspect thats not right cuz I kept getting errors when using it.
> When I looked through as well, I saw lots of places where print() needs
> to be fixed as well as "except Error, e" and quite a lot of mixed tabs
> and spaces. 2to3 can fix most of that automatically tho.
>
> As far as actual incompatibilities, I only saw a few issues with
> subcommand / process and str / unicode for internationalization so it
> should be pretty easy to fix up.
>
> -- Jason

I keep hitting this with python3, it seems to be much stricter than py2:

# semanage boolean -l
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python-exec/python3.3/semanage", line 27, in <module>
    import seobject
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.3/site-packages/seobject.py", line 154
    context = "%s%s" % (filler, raw)
                                   ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

I want to fix all the whitespace and other style issues in one big pull
request. Will it cause big problems for your porting? The upside is that
it's only a one time issue for the repo.

If there are no objections, I'll send a pull request with the fix
shortly. It is too big for an inline patch.

-- Jason