Re: SELinux Userspace Release: 20140826-rc6

On 11/27/2014 03:14 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Dominick Grift <dac.override@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 01:23:13PM +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
>>>
>>> So in this case, object_r is assigned (during migration) to system_u,
>>> unconfined_u and user_u, but not to root, staff_u, sysadm_u and
>>> testrole_u.
>>>
>>> Those roles still work though. Is showing object_r in the "SELinux
>>> Roles" part cosmetic perhaps?
>>>

>> Strange ... as far as i know object_r needs to be associated with everyone
>>
>> Is your output of seinfo -xu consistent with that of semanage user (as far as roles associated with identities is concerned)?
>
> It is not. seinfo -xu shows object_r to be associated with *all* roles
> (as you suggested) whereas the "semanage user -l" output shows it
> missing with a few of them.
>
> This is the only inconsistency though - the rest of the output does match.

First of all, sorry about the delayed response.

I agree that this inconsistency is a problem. It looks like the problem
is in CIL. Dominick is right in that object_r is implicitly associated
with all roles, but CIL sets a bit to make the user/object_r
association, even though it is unnecessary. This appears to have caused
the behavior change in some of the tools. We just need to special case
object_r to not make the association and rely on the implied association
existing. This has been fixed in CIL [1] and will be part of the next
release candidate.

- Steve

[1]
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/cil/commit/08520e91db86bdbb8ce393afa35c1465bdc7f63b