Re: semanage interface has no effect

On 08/25/2014 10:46 AM, Stepan G. Fedorov wrote:
>> In this case the incoming packets would be labeled "unlabeled_t", just
>> like any other unlabeled data on the system.
>
> Can you, please tell where exactly I can see this in the linux source
> code for better understanding?

secmark or peer label?

secmark label:  Unless set by net/netfilter/xt_*SECMARK.c, secmark
should just be zero (cleared upon skb allocation) and thus will be
remapped by security/selinux/ss/sidtab.c:sidtab_search_core() to the
UNLABELED initial SID.

peer label:  security/selinux/hooks.c:selinux_skb_peerlbl_sid() asks the
xfrm (ipsec) and netlabel (cipso) subsystems for any labeling
information for the packet and then calls
security/selinux/ss/services.c:security_net_peersid_resolve() to make
the final determination.  In the absence of any labeling information,
we'll also end up with SECSID_NULL i.e. 0 and then the sidtab will again
remap it to the UNLABELED initial SID.