Re: SELinux with overlayfs between squashfs and jffs2

On 07/09/2014 04:01, Antoine MOISE wrote:
Hi,
I try to use SELinux on embedded system, which contains an overlay
used for saving changes of the rootfs.
The rootfs is stored on a squashfs read-only, and the rootfs' changes
are stored in a jffs2 partition.
In this situation changing file's context is impossible because
SELinux tried to modify the squashfs inode, not creating or modifying
inode in the overlay to store the new SELinux context.
Is it a security purpose of not supporting such mecanism?

Best Regards
Antoine MOÏSE

Aix-Marseille University

Also from what I can see it doesn't look like overlayfs is actually in mainline yet. Is this the case?

Dave