Re: cross-labeling vs precompiled PCRE

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Eric Paris <eparis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
agreed completely that a version check makes sense, but i'm pretty sure I'll forget about it before I have time to look at it :-(

I'm happy to do some implementation work here myself as well.  The obvious thing to do is just to stick the output of pcre_version() into the file - except there's no space.  So we'd need to bump the format version.

Now I can do that, but I think it's the kind of thing that needs a bit of discussion beforehand.  Any objections or further thoughts?

In the meantime though, I'm going to have to hack up my copy of libselinux from RHEL7 to just ignore the .bin files unconditionally.