Re: RFC - Display context information using iproute2 ss utility

On Sunday, February 09, 2014 04:27:46 PM Richard Haines wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying the socket fd context.
>
> For the iproute ss utility I was thinking of altering the man page to
> reflect your comments (added below) and some testing I've done using
> policy role/type and range transition statements.
>
> Overall do you think it is worth adding the socket contexts to the ss
> utility.

I'm pretty conflicted on this ... at best I wonder how useful the information
will be to users/developers and at worst I fear it could end up being
misleading.

> -Z, --context
>     Show SELinux security contexts. The context of the process using
>     the socket and the sockets context will be displayed. The socket
>     context is taken from the file descriptors inode and is not the

I might say that the socket context is taken from the "associated inode" and
leave the file descriptor out of it, but that is just me.  After all, there is
a reason I'm not a writer :)

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com