Re: Programmatic domain change to unprivileged role

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 09:05 -0500, Dan Pou wrote:

> > Some things ( but i am not sure ):
> >
> > The target role needs to be associated to the identity (probably already
> > done)
> > The target role needs to be associated to the target domain (probably
> > already done)
> > The source role needs to be allowed to manually change to the target
> > role (probably already done)
> >
> > The source domain needs various permissions to change identity, role,
> > and set mls range (policy constraints: mlsprocsetsl
> > can_change_process_identity can_change_process_role )
> > The target security level must be within range of the selinux identity
> > associated level, range)
> >
> > You probably need to specify the entrypoint to the target domain
> > You probably need to allow the actual transition permission from source
> > domain to target domain (allow my_daemon_t user_t:process transition)
>
> Wouldn't these settings be associated with AVC denials?  I am running
> Permissive and have no denials showing up.

I am not sure but here is what i think:

The function uses the policy to see if theres a valid path to the target
context by querying the policy used for calculation

So if the policy does not define a path the function will fail/abort,
thus it wont try it because it already determined that it wouldnt work
anyways. So you wont see ant avc denials because it didnt even try it

> > As far as i know, the function calculates if what you specified is valid
> > first
> >
> > I do not think you need a automatic role transition rule (it changes
> > manually instead i believe)
>
> I thought you still needed to specify a transition with setexeccon. Is
> this not true?

I am not sure, but again, i believe that no automatic role transition is
needed