Programmatic domain change to unprivileged role

I have an existing daemon that I am working to enable in an MLS setting,
but I am running into difficulties with calls to get a context of an
unprivileged user from the daemon context
(system_u:system_r:<name-of-service>_t:s0-s15:c0.c1023).
The deamon will run an executable with ID of an authenticated user, so I
looked at trying to replicate the method used by sshd.
When sshd calls get_default_context, there is a transition defined to go
to the user_u:user_r:user_t domain, but there is not one available from
the daemon context I have developed.
Is there a simpler example than ssh that I could look at to understand
how to specify transitions?
The daemon uses the fork+execve method, so I don't think that I need the
dyntransition method, but it is not clear to me how to specify all the
required transitions for executing any file available to an unprivileged
user.

Thanks,
Dan