Re: Building the Base Policy Module

On 07/30/2013 01:45 PM, Thomas COUDRAY wrote:
> I followed the SELinux documentation for building the base policy module.
>
> When I use checkmodule (checkmodule -o base.mod base.conf), I get this error.
>
> # checkmodule -o base.mod base.conf
> checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from base.conf
> base.conf:1014:ERROR 'unknown role unconfined_r' at token ';' on line 1014:
> role unconfined_r types { unconfined_t };
> # The only role defined for this policy:
> checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
>
> Also the base.fc, dbus_context,  file, is missing.
>
> [1]: http://selinuxproject.org/page/Building_a_Basic_Policy#Building_the_Base_Policy_Module

I didn't write that document, but offhand, I suspect the issue is that
at a later point in time, it became mandatory to separately declare all
roles with a basic role statement, i.e.
	role unconfined_r;
prior to using them in a role-types statement.  Originally the
role-types statement served to both implicitly declare the role and
assign domain types to it, but a separate declaration was later
introduced and made mandatory.