Re: check_seapp script

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 18:36 -0700, William Roberts wrote:
> I wrote a script that will allow one to override seapp_contexts if you
> pass your concatenated seapp_contexts file through it.
>
> For instance, suppose you have the following declarations in your seapp_contexts
>
> user=app_* seinfo=release name=com.android.browser domain=browser_app
> type=platform_app_data_file
> user=app_* seinfo=release name=com.android.browser domain=browser_app
> type=new_thing
>
> after running through the tool, such as
> ./check_seapp -o seapp_contexts seapp_contexts.intermediate
>
> seapp_contacts will contain the following lines:
> user=app_* seinfo=release name=com.android.browser domain=browser_app
> type=new_thing
>
> This is a first, rough draft. Comments on large flaws, or general
> acceptance are appreciated. We can focus on clean up later. Order
> matters, the last one with matching input selectors is the one chosen
> for output.

Seems basically sane, although the output isn't identical to the input
even in the case where no changes are made (whitespace difference -
trailing space).

> I was struggling under where this should be contained, sepolicy or
> checkpolicy, and for now, consider the code LGPL'd.

Android prefers ASL, as per:
http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html
although this may not be as crucial for a host-only tool.

sepolicy is presently public domain.
checkpolicy is presently GPLv2.

--
Stephen Smalley