Re: "operation not support" when execute #restorecon -R /

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 14:36 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 14:17 -0400, David Quigley wrote:
> > That being said the ideal person to contact to find out why it isn't
> > working would be James Morris. If he wants to keep the patches up to
> > date he is welcome to but this was a stop gap method until we got
> > Labeled NFS in the kernel. It was determined that NFSv4 with Labeled NFS
> > was the proper solution to the problem.
>
> Isn't the problem just that he needs to modify his policy so that
> SELinux knows to use the xattr support for nfsv3?  fs_use_xattr

So, to clarify, if he is using nfsv3 (not nfsv4) and wants SELinux to
use the xattr support from James' patches, he needs to add a line like
the following to his policy:
fs_use_xattr nfs gen_context(system_u:object_r:fs_t,s0);

See the examples in policy/modules/kernel/filesystem.te if using
refpolicy.

Then the filesystem will be treated as supporting security labels and
restorecon will work (or at least get past that particular error).

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency