Re: "operation not support" when execute #restorecon -R /

On 06/13/2012 14:36, Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 14:17 -0400, David Quigley wrote:
That being said the ideal person to contact to find out why it isn't
working would be James Morris. If he wants to keep the patches up to
date he is welcome to but this was a stop gap method until we got
Labeled NFS in the kernel. It was determined that NFSv4 with Labeled NFS
was the proper solution to the problem.

Isn't the problem just that he needs to modify his policy so that
SELinux knows to use the xattr support for nfsv3?  fs_use_xattr

I can't say for sure but that would definitely be the first place to start. I'm not sure if that code path has changed since James released the patches. If it hasn't then its just a simple policy change. If it has his initial assumptions might not hold true and he may need to modify something in the NFS mount handling code.