Re: Show SELinux packet type of packets

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 04:24:25 PM Jason Axelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to show the SELinux packet types of all packets?
> Ideally tcpdump would have an SELinux specific option that would print
> out the SELinux context of each packet but that seems to be missing.
> Are there any workarounds?
>
> Note: this is with SECMARK labeling (such as
> http://james-morris.livejournal.com/11010.html)

Since secmark labels do not exist in the packets themselves, they are not
visible via tcpdump or any other packet sniffer.  To the best of my knowledge
there isn't a tool which will allow you to view local secmark labels.

If you are using labeled IPsec you could use tcpdump to determine the ESP
and/or AH SPI and then use that to lookup the SA's SELinux label.

If you are using NetLabel/CIPSO then the label is part of the IP header and is
visible using tcpdump.  Modern versions of wireshark understands how to parse
the CIPSO label and displays it a more human readable format.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com