Re: Tuna policy files

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 12:21 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 09:48 -0700, William Roberts wrote:
> > Should the files in device/samsung/tuna be in maguro and toro
> > directories? I ask this because when I build maguro, I am still not
> > seeing factory getting labeled correctly.
> >

> > In externale/sepolicy we have the below line...
> > LOCAL_POLICY_DIRS := $(SRC_TARGET_DIR)/board/$(TARGET_DEVICE)/
> > device/*/$(TARGET_DEVICE)/ vendor/*/$(TARGET_DEVICE)/
> >

> > Tuna is never really built, maguro and toro inherit their product
> > makefiles from tuna, so I think we need to move these files and update
> > the external/sepolicy so thier is no conflict on labeling factory.
> >

> > Can someone confirm my sanity?
>
> I think you are correct.  We wouldn't have caught it because we don't
> have Galaxy Nexus ourselves on which to test.  So our changes to
> BoardConfig.mk, device.mk, and init.tuna.rc are correctly under
> device/samsung/tuna, but the sepolicy.* files need to be copied to both
> device/samsung/maguro and device/samsung/toro?  Or possibly we could
> create sepolicy.te files that merely include the tuna/ ones, e.g.
> $ cat sepolicy.te
> include(`device/samsung/tuna/sepolicy.te')
>
> To support that for .fc files, we'd need to apply m4 there as well in
> the sepolicy Android.mk file.

(cc selinux list)

I have set up git projects for toro and maguro on selinuxproject.org,
updated the local_manifest.xml files (for master and 4.0.4) to include
these projects, added trivial sepolicy.{te,fc} files that include the
tuna files, and modified the sepolicy Android.mk file to apply m4 for
the .fc files in addition to .te files so that they can use includes.

To update, you'll want to grab the updated local_manifest.xml file and
run repo sync -j1 again.  If you have locally created the
sepolicy.{te,fc} files, you may need to move them aside.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency