Re: SELinux on Android

Hi again,

I am trying to set/get file SELinux contexts using the set/getfilecon programs. I added debug prints in the kernel to track code flow. I notice that although setfilecon succeeds on a given file, a subsequent call to getfilecon on the same file returns the string "kernel" irrespective of the context that was set using setfilecon. On any other file whose context is not set yet, getfilecon properly returns the string "unlabeled"

I suspect the inode struct in the kernel is not being updated properly after a setxattr call. Has anyone else faced a similar problem? I am working on Android's Nexus one phone.

Thanks,
Bhargava