Re: checkpolicy is broken (which is not)

Hi Eric,

Let me explain more about the background story.

The existing type rule could declare a type, and optionally associate it
with a list of type attributes. So I invented this "role <regular role>
attribute <a list of role attributes>" rule in the same manner to do the
similar things for roles, since I figure this would make refpolicy rules
similar and easy to remember and use.

Now that the above new role-attr rule takes care of declaring roles,
this duty has to be removed from role-type rule in order to avoid
ambiguity, and the role-type rule would be used to only associate types
with roles, which only requires TWO lines of code as in 3cbc9727, since
mostly used roles such as system_r have been declared in kernel.te(in
order to avoid some build failure).

In a word, we could preserve the behavior of role-type rule, but this
would introduce discrepancy between that of role-attr rule and type-attr
rule, considering that getting used to the new toolchain only requires
an easy cherry-pick of only 2 lines of change, would it be that
desirable for us to do so?

Thanks,
Harry

Eric Paris 写道: