Re: Howto transition socket

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 17:45 +0200, Martin Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> excuse this very basic question: How can I define a transition for a socket?
>
> Let's assume I've got a process p with label u_t, denoted as p:u_t. The
> process opens a listening tcp socket s on port 80 (e. g. nc -l -p 80).
> As far as I understood, s would get the label from the process: s:u_t.
> However, I would like the socket to have label o_t. Hence, I define a
> transition:
>
> (u, u) -> o
>
> or in policy syntax;
>
> type_transition u_t u_t:tcp_socket o_t;
>
> But this doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Kernel version?  Support for type transitions on sockets was first
introduced in kernel 2.6.39.  Older kernels would always label sockets
with their creator's context or with the context specified by the
application using setsockcreatecon(3) from libselinux.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency