Re: chown affecting type_transition?

Sorry red herring. There was a su buried in 'b' which was only used if the chown occurred in 'a' (I didn't write these scripts). Changed su to runuser and am moving forward again.

Ted

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Dominick Grift <domg472@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 10:32 -0500, Ted Toth wrote:
> I'm writing policy for some scripts. Script 'a' runs script 'b' and they
> each have their own entry file and domain type. There is a type transition
> for a_t through b_exec_t to b_t in the policy. However the transition
> doesn't happen. Script 'a' does a chown on script 'b' prior to running it.
> If I remove the chown the transition does happen as expected. Can chown
> somehow affect the file label? 'ls -Z' doesn't show any change.

only thing i can think of is that the execute bit is not set for the
owner or group you chowned the file to.

In that case a dac issue.