Re: Best base policy to use

On 07/07/11 09:46, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Dominick Grift <domg472@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:domg472@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
[...]
>     On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 08:59 -0500, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
>     > for example lets say I didn't want rpm_script_t to be able to
>     > transition into initrc_t, no matter what role it started as. Or, I
>     > don't want the sysadm_t to be able to do both run_init_t and rpm_t. Or
>     > am I completely in left field and not understanding the proper use of
>     > roles?
>
>     No, you can achieve that by editing the policy i believe.
>
>     I would probably fork selinux policy. El6 policy does not get much
>     significant updates so merging changes into your fork should not be too
>     much work (as opposed to Fedora)
>

> Thanks for the help, that's what I had to do with the old ref policy, I
> guess I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do that again, because there
> was some newfangled way.  :) Oh well, but thanks again for the help.

Thats one thing on my wish list for SELinux policy writing tools.  A
role-o-matic where you start out with a base role, and have a bunch of
check boxes for options as to what it can do.  I try to keep the useful
data in the Refpolicy's XML, but the tool itself is nonexistent.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC