Re: Best base policy to use

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 08:59 -0500, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> semanage  makes persistent changes to a system, correct?

correct

> I'm still uncertain of the best way to modify a module, or at least
> make one less permissive. would it be to remove or disable a module,
> get the source, modify it, rename it, and then import it over the old
> one?

That is one way yes but some modules depend on other modules so it may
get a bit more complicated than that.

Generally it becomes harder to maintain.

See my suggestion below

> for example lets say I didn't want rpm_script_t to be able to
> transition into initrc_t, no matter what role it started as. Or, I
> don't want the sysadm_t to be able to do both run_init_t and rpm_t. Or
> am I completely in left field and not understanding the proper use of
> roles?

No, you can achieve that by editing the policy i believe.

I would probably fork selinux policy. El6 policy does not get much
significant updates so merging changes into your fork should not be too
much work (as opposed to Fedora)