RE: Re:Re: about ss

> AtÂ2011-03-18ï"StephenÂSmalley"Â<sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Âwrote:
>
> >OnÂFri,Â2011-03-18ÂatÂ08:43Â+0800,ÂYaoÂwrote:
> >>ÂHi,Âall
> >>ÂIÂlookedÂatÂlinux-2.6.36/security/selinux/ss/*.cÂandÂfoundÂmostÂsource
> >>ÂfilesÂincludeÂ<linux/***.h>
> >>ÂIÂknowÂsecurityÂserverÂneedÂtoÂuseÂsomeÂofÂkernelÂdataÂstructures.
> >>ÂButÂdoesÂssÂuseÂkernelÂfuctions?
> >>ÂIsÂitÂpossibleÂtoÂmodifyÂsecurityÂserverÂandÂmakeÂitÂself-containedÂif
> >>ÂssÂusedÂkernelÂfunction?
> >
> >TheÂoriginalÂsecurityÂserverÂcodeÂwasÂdevelopedÂforÂanotherÂOS
> >(Fluke/Flask)ÂandÂthenÂportedÂtoÂLinux.ÂÂThereÂareÂaÂsmallÂnumberÂof
> >fundamentalÂdependenciesÂonÂtheÂruntimeÂenvironment,ÂlikeÂmemory
> >allocation,Âlogging/auditing,Âlocking,Âetc.ÂÂOverÂtime,ÂtheÂsecurity
> >serverÂcodeÂinÂLinuxÂhasÂbecomeÂincreasinglyÂ"nativized"ÂforÂLinuxÂso
> >youÂmayÂfindÂfurtherÂdependenciesÂinÂtheÂcurrentÂcode.
> >
> so, it's hard to modify ss to make it self-contained, right?
> I just wonder if there is a security module without invoking kernel function
> but to support flask, though kernel data is permitted...

The libselinux provides a set of interfaces to invoke security server in
kernel space. Please see the manpage of security_compute_av(3).
The security_context_t as these arguments are just an alias of char *,
so all you need to do is call this function with security context of
subject/object with a set permissions to be asked.

> Is AppArmor fit to my desire?

It seems to me you walk away from where you want to go. :-)

Thanks,
--
NEC Europe Ltd, Global Competence Center
KaiGai Kohei <kohei.kaigai@xxxxxxxxxx>