Re: SE Linux use - was: Question: and the policy grows...

Hi Russel !

On Fri, 18/03/2011 at 10.24 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Guido Trentalancia <guido@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > There is at least the limit of not having many people on this list
> > compared to most other Linux projects. Perhaps security is considered
> > something boring to the average user/developer. Or even more likely
> > SELinux is still perceived as "difficult to get into" (a documentation
> > issue).
>
> NSA people:  How many subscribers are there to this list outside .gov?
>
> Tresys people:  How many subscribers to the refpolicy list are outside .gov?
>
> Does anyone know of a good study about the size of typical Linux projects?
> I'm willing to bet that SE Linux has more active developers and more members
> on the main mailing list than most Linux projects.

In that context I meant active subscribers.

I found an estimate for Gnome (gnome.org):

around 700 active committers in the last two years

cfr.
http://www.osor.eu/idabc-studies/expert-docs/encouraging-good-practice

Just showed up as the very first results on Google.