Re: Confining Java application with SELinux

On 10/25/10 19:20, Shaz wrote:
> I want to confine a Java application with SELinux policy so I wanted to
> know how I can really do that. Will the application be visible to the
> native platform with SELinux? Or only the Java VM is visible and that we
> use Java ACL to confine the application inside the VM?

You can only confine the JVM.  If there is more than one application in
the JVM, they will not be separable by SELinux.  So if you want
separation between two or more Java applications enforced by SELinux,
they would have to run in separate JVMs.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC