Re: Developing a SELinux policy for antivirus - How to access /home?

Stephen Smalley schrieb am 18.06.2010 20:55 Uhr:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 20:14 +0200, Alice Mynona wrote:
>> Daniel J Walsh schrieb am 18.06.2010 18:53 Uhr:

>>> All files types stored in the home dir have an attribute of user_home_type.
>>>

>> Okay, on my system there are other file types unter "/home" i. e.:
>>
>> $ ls -Z /home/alice/.ssh/
>>
>> -rw-r--r--. alice alice unconfined_u:object_r:home_ssh_t:SystemLow authorized_keys2
>> -rw-r--r--. alice alice unconfined_u:object_r:home_ssh_t:SystemLow known_hosts
>>
>> What do mean by "have an attribute of user_home_type"? How can I use this attribute instead of a file type when writing rules?
>
> Each type can have a set of attributes associated with it in the policy
> (via typeattribute statements or as part of the type declaration).
> You can then use the attribute names in allow rules to express the set
> of types that have that attribute.
>
> seinfo -auser_home_type -x

@Daniel and Stephen:
Many thanks for your help. The "attribute"-thing was the point I forgot. I read about it many months ago, but I never used it.

For other readers of the list: You will find further information about this topic on "selinuxproject.org" (http://selinuxproject.org/page/TypeStatements) and "linuxtopia.org" (http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/writing_SELinux_policy_guide/attribute_file_04.html)