Re: Developing a SELinux policy for antivirus - How to access /home?

On 06/18/2010 12:20 PM, Alice Mynona wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning to develop a SELinux module for an antivirus software. This software should protect the system from beeing infected by
malicious files in /home. Of course, the software will be executed in a separate domain i. e. antivirus_t.

What do you recommend to allow the antivirus software to access (and manage) files und directories under /home?

My first thought was to allow the antivirus software to manage files of the type "user_home_dir_t" and directories of the type "user_home_dir_t" by using the corresponding interfaces in the reference policy (i. e. "userdom_manage_user_home_dirs"). But what's about other filetypes like "gnome_home_t", "irc_home_t", "screen_tmp_t" and so on? Is there a general method to manage files under "/home" or do you have an another idea? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alice

All files types stored in the home dir have an attribute of user_home_type.

What is your goal of this antivirus tools? Scan all files in the homedir for bad content?