Re: System console hangs on boot in enforced unless some permissions added (with 2.6.32-3).

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:43:33AM -0400, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 10:15 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > > symlinks in /dev?  Does it create them with the right context, or does
> > > it rely on udev to come by and relabel them?
> >
> > Based on the code, it appears to create and delete directories and
> > device nodes, no symlinks.  It cannot create them in the right context
> > since the kernel knows nothing of file_contexts, so it just creates them
> > in the default context,
>
> Ah yes, I don't know what I was thinking.
>
> >  leaving it to userspace (restorecon or udev) to
> > assign the correct context.  It would be better if that were device_t
> > rather than tmpfs_t for obvious reasons.
>
> I suppose an interim solution would be to have a kernel_t type
> transition on tmpfs_t to device_t for chr_file, blk_file, and dir, until
> we can fix up the policy so devtmpfs can be device_t.

That sounds like a good solution. In my case of unmounted devtmpfs
it will be preferable to create a separate type for this with no attributes
and no allow rules except for kernel_t.

But I wonder if it would break something else...

Thanks for your help, but anyway, I'm going to contact Debian people with this issue.

--
Alexey S.