Re: sudo + selinux

James Cammarata wrote:
> Understood, I'm just surprised that running SElinux in strict mode
> breaks sudo isn't more of a priority.  Are that few people using
> strict mode?

RHEL 5 selinux manual specifically says that strict mode is YMMV, ie.
not officially supported.

By the way, debian lenny has the same problems with sudo. Recompiling
the package from source with selinux support on did not help since the
policy to do its deeds was also missing. Maybe on RHEL5 you'd encounter
the same problem.

I simply instructed my co-admins to execute 'newrole' and 'sudo -i' in
order to gain administrative privileges (root + sysadm_r) from their
staff_r shell.

Michal Svoboda